Monday, November 2, 2009

Home for Halloween

So I went home this weekend. And it was lovely, for the most part, and great to see everyone.


The house was decorated, which I loved, but I was bummed to miss pumpkin carving. Little J was a "Glamour Witch" with my mom, which J-town and I found hilarious. We were never allowed to be witches. The three of us did go as Fifties Girls one year pre-Little J. I'm not personally in possession of any of those photos, but I do have a few of home:





 Look!! Leaves!! I miss that in L.A., but leaves of all colors were everywhere at home. It actually felt like fall for the first time all year.







I loved that it actually felt like Halloween. There is something terribly wrong with being 86-degree weather on October 31st, which is what was going on in LA. Fortunately, it Seattle, we got pounding rain the night before, and then Halloween dawned clear, bright, and cold -- one of my favorite kinds of Seattle days.


Other things that were fabulous about Home:
- space
- full-sized bed and duvet
- fully-stocked fridge
- water from the fridge instead of from a Brita
- a dishwasher


That's just the short list. I was really glad to be back, even for the weekend.


Oh, and a Honey/Barbie/Princess ALERT:  No sign of the hamster. It's Bad News, Bears at the casa. Little J's real bummed. We looked EVERYWHERE. I honestly don't know where this thing could be. We've heard it can sometimes take more than a week for them to show, but keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I thought the picture of your mom and little j as witches was great. I never let your mom be a witch either but she got over it. I am glad to see she has mellowed. Glad you had fun at home. love nana

    ReplyDelete