Monday, September 14, 2009

My New Roomie

So one night last week while I was drooling over my Mac, minding my own business, and I heard a key in the door. And someone came in. Actually, three people came in – my roommate and her parents. They quickly dropped off her stuff and left, and I quickly panicked. I was really hoping to hold onto my single; I had grown accustomed to living alone, and didn’t want to deal with all the roommate drama of last year.

Fortunately, I seem to have lucked out. My new roomie’s name is Hye-Young (pronounced Hey-Young). She’s a sophomore transfer from UC Davis, and she’s taking classes in PR right now, and hoping to work her way into the film industry here in LA. She’s originally from here, so she goes home on weekends to work and spend time with her parents. I was hesitant at first about the whole roomie thing – especially since her placement kind of dropped out of nowhere – but it turns out we have some mutual friends here, people she knew in high school, which is nice.

So far we’ve had a great time hanging out, watching movies, listening to music, and experimenting with cooking. Hopefully there are many good times to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment